There are many more ways than this list of ten. Any one of these will insure that you never reach any writing goal, let alone bestseller status. If you think of more, please add them in your comments. I’m interested in your thoughts!
Top Ten Ways to Stay Off the Bestseller List
- Never start writing, only talk about it
- Spend all your time trolling Facebook, Twitter, and other such places.
- Wait for inspiration.
- Bounce from one story idea to another without choosing one.
- Reach a tough place in your book, stop, and start a new story.
- Never finish anything you start.
- Believe you know it all and there’s nothing to learn.
- Defend your book to anyone who tries to help.
- Never promote.
- Receive one rejection and give up.