When I was a young writer, I found very little to help me on the journey. There were no critique groups, no other writers, aspiring or otherwise, in my circle. All I could do was read books about writing, and believe me, those were few and far between. I would have loved to know a bit about what goes on in the everyday life of an author. It seems to me that readers and other writers might be interested in that too, so I’ll be journaling a few times a week about this writer’s life.
MONDAY MORNING, MARCH 23, 2015
Weekend? What weekend? I have a to-do list longer than my arm, and the arms of many of my friends.
Here is a list of what I need to get done within the next few months, not necessarily in this order:
- Outline the class I’ll be teaching at the local college next month. (four weeks, 90 minutes a session)
- Work Thursday at the local library. (I am the on-call person because I have a lot of library experience. Besides I need to get out more.)
- Outline the next book I will be writing for Annie’s Publishing, tentatively titled “Candy From Strangers”. That outline needs to be on the editor’s desk by July.
- Outline the first book in my new series, The Cassidys. Here’s the thing. That book, completely written has a deadline of August, and I haven’t even started. All I have is two pages of “probably plot”. Yikes.
- Outline the fifth “Confessions of April Grace” (now called “Further Confessions of April Grace”). I don’t even have a book title yet.
- Teach that class next month.
- Work on revisions of Pink Orchids and Cheeseheads (April Grace #4) when I get it back from the editor.
- Collect information/schedules/kudos/etc. for the Ozarks Writers League Newsletter and have it ready for submission by the end of April.
- Work on the edits of another book, which I’ve written under a pen name, as soon as the manuscript comes back from the editor.
- Give yet another alter-ego written book the final polish after it goes through the second editorial pass.
- Meet with my editor and publisher for two photo shoots for the cover of two books.
- Finish my author intake form for Oghma Creative Media. (I sorta kinda forgot that)
- Did I mention I need to clean this house?
- I’d love to spend some quality time with my hubby and my girls.
Thank God my hubby likes to shop. I haven’t seen the inside of a store in months. Probably since November when I did a bit of Christmas shopping.